Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Campaigning in Africa

I’ve been sitting down in the office for the last 4 hours waiting to hear the news from the District Attorney race that my brother in law Christian Coomer is running in. I brainwashed my housemate Rebecca into wearing a Christian Coomer tshirt and sitting down in the office with me while everyone else at the lake has been asleep for hours. Lol. I have been calling and getting the updates and have been anxiously awaiting the results.
Christian didn't win but I am confident that God has a plan and a purpose through all of this and I know that the better man for the job was not selected. We never know what God's divine will is we just have to rest assured that God knows and we just have to put our lives into step with His plan. I know many people helped by giving time, money, and much of themselves for something they believed in. The results can be discouraging but I am proud that my family and my church took the time to stand up for something they believed in and desired to see a change not only in the church but in our community as well. This is not a failure but a success in my eyes and I am thankful to be part of this body. It is time we took a stand and this is only the beginning!

No comments: